Geistlich Mucograft® is a unique 3D collagen matrix designed specifically for soft tissue regeneration1. It is indicated for the gain of keratinized tissue2-4 and for recession coverage5,6.
Geistlich Mucograft® provides an alternative to autogenous soft tissue grafts2,4-6. Harvesting of the patient’s tissue is avoided, providing a benefit to both patients and clinicians.
- No harvest-site morbidity2,3,5-7.
- Less pain compared with autogenous grafts2,4.
- Reduced surgical chair-time compared with autogenous grafts2-6.
- Natural soft tissue color and structure match the patients’ own tissues5,8,9.
- Early vascularization and good soft tissue ingrowth10,11.
- Excellent wound healing, also in open healing situations2.
- Geistlich Mucograft® provides easy handling and application in a dry state.
Geistlich Mucograft® consists of two structures: the compact macro-structure provides stability while allowing open healing; the spongy micro-structure supports blood clot stabilization and the ingrowth of soft tissue cells.